September 8, 2016
with 0 comments
Tips for installing your car seat safely:
- Rear-facing until your baby is 1 year old and 20 pounds.
- Center of back seat of the car is the safest position.
- Never place a car seat in front of an air bag.
- Install at a 45 degree angle. Check car seat manual.
- Handle should be down and locked when traveling.
- Care seat should move no more than 1 inch in either direction at belt path.
- It is unsafe to use products such as fleece inserts, headrests, attachable toys, belt tighteners that were not installed by the manufacturer.
Having a car seat installed safely in your vehicle(s) before the baby is ready to come home is important. Install the seats a few weeks before your expected due date. Visit www.seatcheck.org to find tips for selecting your car seat, proper installation, and where to get the installed car seat inspected.